Note: CBSV does not verify identity, citizenship, employment eligibility, nor does it interface with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) verification system. CBSV verifications do not satisfy DHS’s I-9 requirements. The Social Security Administration does not directly approve, endorse or authorize any product or service.
Why use EZcbsv?
Cost – Save at least 20% on every CBSV you’re running
Speed – Turnaround typically within hours
Ease – Automated data entry and electronic applicant invitation
Reliability – Human validation and worry-free audits
Frequently Asked Questions
- If you process CBSV requests today, EZcbsv.com can save your customers time and money through advanced automation and quicker TAT
- If you don’t process CBSV requests today, you can increase your revenues by adding depth to your product offerings
- You can automatically e-mail and invite applicants to fill/submit the form
- The EZcbsv.com process only allows “wet” signatures, reducing rejections and saving time
- A real human at EZcbsv.com will validate that the forms are filled correctly, saving effort for your staff
- It costs you nothing to add the ability to offer CBSV
CBSV verifies through the SSA that you’re starting your check with a name, date of birth, and SSN that all match each other. SSN traces provide a list of previous addresses and a list of names publicly associated with the SSN – but doesn’t tell you which name is correct.
The Social Security Administration is very stringent when it comes to requirements for submitting CBSV. The form must be completely and correctly filled. The reason for verification must be clearly marked and the applicant’s signature must be a “wet” signature. (no e-signature). That’s why we inspect each document and either approve or reject it before submission to SSA.
If the document is rejected, it is returned with a status of “Complete – See Comments” and the reason for the rejection is specified in the text details of the report. It will go into a review queue so that the applicant (or lender) can make the necessary corrections and re-submit the form. A re-submission fee will apply.
If the SSA finds that the name and SSN are not a direct match with the SSA records or if the SSN is registered to a deceased person, we will return a result with “Complete-Hits” and the record will go into a review queue so that the employer and applicant can correct any erroneous information.
Note: employment decisions should not be made solely on the return of a “no” or “deceased” record result. Any re-submission due to a SSA rejection will be treated as a new submission.